Thursday, January 21, 2010

Day 7


Today had a great outcome even if it did not get off to a good start. My nausea was still around this morning and I had a bit of a 'melt down'- it was really getting to me. I phoned the nurse at the hospital cancer centre and she told me to come in and they would give me some fluids and get me something for the nausea. John took me in and the nurses were really great - I was able to tell them how feeling sick all the time was starting to get to me and they assured me I would go home feeling better. They were right. I had a couple of litres of saline, with some added nausea medications put into the drip. I left after seeing the doctor feeling much brighter and detrmined we had broken the nausea cycle!! So far, so good. The doctor was a bit miffed as to why the nausea had started so long into the treatment - I never had it for the first few days!!!!! I enjoyed my mango and icecream tonight for dessert.

No comments:

Post a Comment