Thursday, January 6, 2011

The Pallative Care Doctor


Today we went to the pallative care doctor - really liked her - I liked her frankness and the way she put you in the picture and she actually examined me!!!!


She explained why I had the changes to my medication and showed us how the fluid is now around my liver, heart and stomach and also into the other lung area. All not good news. We asked her about how long I would have and she told us usually someone with pain increasing like mine was had 2-3 months. This put it in my face a little - not too many weeks. I have to spend this time the best I can especially while I am still able to get around. I am going to see her again in a week so we can see how the medication is working.

Pallative care ..........................

No comments:

Post a Comment